RSS

New Moghul House

New Moghul House (as the sign calls it, although their website is www.mogulhouse.com, the missing ‘h’ causing a few headaches when I’ve subsequently tried to research my takeaway order) serves very good food and the staff are lovely, but they never seem overly busy.

The staff hover outside beckoning you as they do at several other eateries on Changkat Bukit Bintang, and perhaps having another North Indian (Ghazal) next door doesn’t help, but anyone who has eaten at Mogul/Moghul House will be surprised that such a decent restaurant doesn’t have more regular business.

When I went recently, I was guided to try out a couple of the house specialities; a sheesh kebab starter and a side of palak paneer. To be honest, I wouldn’t agree that they were necessarily the dishes to be most proud of. I’m not the biggest spinach fan anyway but while I did wolf it all down, I have had better.

However, my friend thought they were very good, and I shared his enthusiasm for the other dishes we ordered. My chicken jalfrezi was outstanding, with a sharp, rich sauce and appropriate amount of spices and chillies that coated the meat and vegetables ideally. His mutton dopiaza was also perfectly prepared and cooked, while my wife was very complimentary about her butter chicken (slightly spicier than she expected but it worked). My friend’s wife was the least satisfied of the group, her chicken pasanda appearing to contain a less high quality meat than the other chicken dishes, although the gravy tasted fine.

To accompany those we sampled a few different types of rice, the biryani being their best, and shared some naan. The aforementioned palak paneer topped off a very filling meal that had started with gorgeous roasted spicy poppadums served with two powerful, delicious chutneys, one a minty green and the other a deeper red sauce. With such rich flavours and spices so early on, we were soon ordering plenty of Tiger beer to keep our mouths cool. However, even after a few lagers, the food was good enough to stick in the memory.



Contact:
No. 32, Changkat Bukit Bintang,
50200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03 2141 5211

Website:
www.mogulhouse.com

Operating Hours:
11.30am - 2.30pm;
5.30pm - 11.30pm daily.

Cuisine:
Indian

0 comments:

Post a Comment